SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2017
The Seaside Downtown Wine Walk has been held in the spring and fall every year since 2004. Oregon Wineries showcase their best wines in beautiful Downtown Seaside and its wonderful businesses. More and more wineries are learning of us and wanting to participate. We currently host an average of 22 wineries at 22 Downtown Businesses each Wine Walk. Interested in participating?
- On average, 750 adults stroll through Downtown Seaside participating stores to taste a variety of wines.
- Tasting participants purchase their commemorative wine
glasses ($10 each) at the same time they have their ID checked and have
event wristbands applied.
- Wineries set up their tasting stations at merchant, hotel and restaurant venues which have applied to participate.
- Participating Seaside businesses must be members of SDDA and located in the downtown core area.
- Participating Seaside businesses must provide food to participants per OLCC guidelines
- Only Oregon wines are offered during the Downtown Wine Walk.
- Participating wineries can pour up to 1.5 oz. per tasting; can charge for tastings and can sell their product at the tasting station.
- Participating wineries also provide SDDA with 1 bottle of their wine for future SDDA fundraising.
- The Seaside Downtown Development Association will match wineries with appropriate businesses.
- SDDA has the right to accept/refuse all applications for participation.
- Email (or written if needed) confirmation will be sent establishing a commitment to participate.
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We want to be sure that every tasting venue is ready when the event begins at 3 P.M. – with limited SDDA interruptions or concerns. Participating wineries will have their OLCC approval paperwork and a welcome bag waiting at their host venue.
- SDDA representatives will collect the bottle of wine being donated from the winery (for SDDA fundraising) sometime during the event.
Businesses Must Provide:
- Table for Winery
- *Hors d' oeuvres. Food items must be substantial and available the entire time alcohol is being served. See OLCC Rules (click HERE for the .pdf)
- **Door Monitor to prevent participants from leaving the business with wine in glasses
- SDDA Winery Application
- Your $10 check made out to OLCC.
- Pre-filled OLCC SEW Application
- SDDA matches wineries and local venues. If you have a Seaside Downtown location in mind, you can check with us to see if they are a venue.
- We have pre-completed several items on your SEW application which are generic to the Wine Walk.
- You do not have to complete items 9,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,27. It is important that you and your servers read items 17-19 which reflect OLCC rules.
- We will complete items 12 and 26 when your hosting venue is determined. (Please remember that participation and getting matched with the venue of choice is on a first-come-first-served basis and as space is available)
- Both applications must be received by mail, with a $10 check payable to OLCC.
- Send to: Seaside Downtown Development Association, PO Box 133, Seaside, OR 97138
- Wine for tasting
- A table no larger than 8’ x 4’
- Two servers with current OLCC service permits. The permits must be on hand to produce as proof, if needed.
- One bottle of wine donated to SDDA for fundraising events, including a completed donation slip.
The Seaside Downtown Development Association and its members are looking forward to seeing you! Cheers!
We’re here to help! Please let us know if you have questions.
Seaside Downtown Development AssociationPO Box 133, Seaside, OR 97138(503)email@example.com