It's a celebration of show-quality vehicles from 1965 and older. This event takes place in Downtown Seaside, along Broadway and connecting side streets.
The general public is invited to view cars for free on Friday,Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Sunday 9 am till noon.
Note: Broadway to the Turnaround is closed to automobiles and open for foot traffic only for a portion of this event.
All activities listed below are for registered car participants only.
While our mission and goals are met for the Association, we feel strongly to make the event a safe, fun and enjoyable time by all participants. If at any time our guidelines have been provoked, we will issue a letter of warning to the car participant the next letter will be an automatic non renewal of registration for the following year.
Event Registration and Check- All event information and registration materials, will be available for pick-up at time of check-in.A PDF file of the REGISTRATION FORMS AVAILABLE HERE.
The first 400 registered vehicles will receive a Seaside Wheels and Waves dash plaque, exclusive to car registrants only.
Registration and Check-In
Thursday through Saturday in the Seaside Civic & Convention Center.
9/7 Thursday noon am to 6:00 p.m.
9/8 Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
9/9 Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Friday and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday/Friday September 7th & 8th
Coastline Poker Run
12 Noon to 4:00 p.m.
A two-day event!
Route details will be available at check in.
Thursday September 7th
Meet at the Seaside Outlet Mall for the cruise to three of the Retirement facilities. Participation ribbons will be given to the first 70 cars. A complimentary BBQ for participants of the cruise will be on the last stop at Avamere at Seaside. Car participant must show wrist band to participate.
Friday September 8th
Show & Shine
7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Broadway will be reserved for registered car participants. We will encourage registered cars to park on Broadway first. The City Center parking lot will be for overflow of registered vehicles
- If you are parked on Broadway, and want a Rod Squad member to see about reserving your spot while you are on the Poker run, check in at Information booth for a reservation cone after parking. Wonderful prizes donated by NAPA
- PokerWalk - 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Chance to win over $100 in cash! Pick up route details at Check-In.
- Welcome Party at Seaside Convention Center- 6:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m. Dinner is provided for each registered participant and one guest. Dinner will stop being served at 7:00 p.m. Registered participants may purchase additional tickets for $10 each at Check-In.
- 50/50 drawing to benefit Seaside Food Bank and drawings will be available with prizes donated by NAPA and local merchant.
Show & Shine
7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- LIVE MUSIC in the streets.
- Treasure Hunt - 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Chance to win $160 in cash! Pick up route details at Check-In.
- Vendor Alley - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Edgewood Avenue Friday & Saturday.
- Downtown Cruise - 5:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Street Cruise on Broadway. The street will be opened to general traffic immediately following the cruise.
NOTE: For the safety of spectators, please do not throw anything, including candy, from the cars during the Downtown Cruise. The Rod Squad reserves the right to remove cars from the Downtown Cruise for engaging in demonstrations of speed, including burnouts. Cars removed from the Downtown Cruise will not be eligible for awards.
7 a.m. till 2 p.m.
Seaside Civic & Convention Center
Awards Presentation held at Noon. Seaside Civic & Convention Center –Seaside Vacation Giveaway (must be present to win).
Please note that our awards are chosen by car enthusiasts, not judges. Award winners will be notified by a sticker placed on their driver’s-side headlight. Please come to have a great time at the beach and enjoy the car show.
The Seaside Downtown Development Association is proud to present Seaside Wheels and Waves Car Show each September. While our mission and goals are met for the Association, we feel strongly to make the event a safe, fun and enjoyable time by all participants. If at any time our guidelines have been violated, we will issue a letter of warning for the first instance. The next letter will be an automatic non acceptance for the next year’s show.
See you in September!
The Seaside Downtown Development Association